Tuesday, 10 February 2015 from 18:00 to 20:30
Royal Society of Chemistry, London W1J 0BA
We hope that you will be able to join us as we celebrate our 10th birthday!
The evening will begin with introductory remarks from Harriet Harman MP (deputy leader, Labour party) and Yvette Cooper MP (shadow home secretary), followed by a keynote speech by founder and president of the Fabian Women’s Network Seema Malhotra MP.
Speeches will be followed by a panel discussion on the progress of women in Britain and abroad in political and public life, with contributions:
- Seema Malhotra MP (founder and president, Fabian Women’s Network, and shadow minister for preventing violence against women and girls)
- Rosie Campbell (reader in politics, Birbeck University, author ‘Cracks in the glass ceiling‘)
- Rowena Mason (political correspondent, the Guardian)
- Polly Trenow (senior policy and campaigns officer, Fawcett Society)
- Chair: Anushka Asthana (political correspondent,Sky News)
This will be followed by a reception at 19:30 hosted by Ivana Bartoletti (chair, Fabian Women’s Network), with Tessa Jowell MP (former minister for the Olympics) and other special guests from politics, unions, media, business and public life. You will need to select tickets for both sections of the event if you plan to attend the whole evening.
Over the years, the Fabian Women’s Network has been at the forefront of the campaign for women’s power, rights and equality. We have come a long way – but there is still much to do. We would like to celebrate our journey and our achievements whilst looking forward to the future.
* Tickets for this event are now sold out. *